This quick and easy sauce is perfect for summer!
It’s delicious with grilled meats, chicken, seafood and vegetables!
Chimichurri sauce originated in Argentina and Uruguay. It’s an herb sauce, with garlic and red wine vinegar. I use a combination of parsley and cilantro, but some recipes include oregano too. It is light and flavorful with an acidic tanginess from the vinegar. It goes very well with grilled meats – especially meats with some richness to them – as the vinegar “cuts through” the richness.
It’s super fast to whip up this sauce in a chopper, food processor or blender. You can alternatively chop the garlic and herbs by hand and whisk it all together or give it a shake in a jar. The sauce is totally customizable, add more/less garlic, red pepper flakes or salt to your taste!
- 1/2 cup packed flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Pulse herbs, garlic and spices in chopper. Add vinegar. While running drizzle in oil.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Nutrition (approx. data estimated via online nutritional calculator.)
Pin to Pinterest for Later: ⬇️