Thank you to sweet Raven for taste testing!! She had one and came back for more! Woof!
Oatmeal, Banana and Yogurt "Barkies" (Dog Cookie)
Homemade dog treats that you can bake up chewy or more crunchy - whatever texture your pup prefers!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 20 Dog Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups old fashioned oats (rolled oats) divided
- 1/2 banana cut into 4 chunks
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease baking sheet.
- Place 1 ½ cups of the oats in chopper or small food processor. Process until ground to a flour texture. Pour into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Place banana, yogurt and egg in chopper or small food processor.
- Process until well combined, scrape down bowl and process some more, if needed.
- Pour mixture into bowl with oat flour. Add the remaining ¼ cup of (unground) oats.
- Stir together.
- Scoop 1-tablespoon portions and roll into balls.
- Flatten with the tines of a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 15 minutes for a softer center.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
- Store in air-tight container for a few days or in the refrigerator/freezer for longer.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!