Regional Winner – National Beef Cook-Off 2013!
I love the combination of flavors in these wraps!! I love the salty tang of the olives with the savory beef, sweet onions and red peppers, it’s delicious! The smoked paprika I used is one of my favorite spices!! It has such a great subtle smokiness. There is some in the beef & potato filling and some in the roasted red pepper sauce. This recipe is great for busy nights! It can be pulled together very quickly or made ahead and reheated. You could even multiply the recipe and keep warm in your crock-pot to serve a large crowd. All you need to go with it are warmed tortillas and the sauce. The contest was looking for healthy beef recipes and this one fits the bill with super lean ground beef, whole wheat tortillas and light cream cheese for the sauce. I hope you will love it as much as we do!!
Simple Spanish Beef & Potato Wraps:
8 Ingredients for the filling. Super lean ground beef (95% lean if you can find it, sometimes I can only find 90%), olives, tomato sauce, onion, Yukon gold potatoes, roasted red peppers, smoked paprika and Adobo seasoning.
You can find smoked paprika in the spice section of your grocery store. The adobo seasoning I’ve been able to find in the Latin section of all the grocery stores I shop in. I buy the kind “with pepper.” I’ve been using this seasoning a lot, it’s very versatile and adds great flavor.
The Beef & Potato Filling:
Brown the beef add all the ingredients except the tomato sauce. Saute until the onions are translucent. Add the tomato sauce, cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
The Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
In a food processor, blend together light cream cheese, roasted red peppers, smoked paprika and adobo seasoning – So good!!
Thank you for spending some time in the cloud with me!! I hope you enjoy the recipe!! Thanks!! Tina ( :
Simple Spanish Beef & Potato Wraps
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes (1/2-inch diced)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons adobo seasoning with pepper divided
- 1/2 cup manzanilla olives stuffed w/ pimiento, cut in half
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika divided
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/3 less fat) softened
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas warmed (8-inch diameter)
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into ¾ -inch crumbles, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Add diced potatoes, onion, 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning, olives, ½ cup roasted peppers and 1 teaspoon paprika.
- Cook stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, remaining: ¼ teaspoon adobo seasoning, ½ cup roasted peppers and ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Spread each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper sauce. Top with 1-1/4 cup beef-potato mixture, fold tortilla over filling.