Living in the suburban Philadelphia area, we are gearing up for Pope Francis’ visit. Excitement is building, and we’re not quite sure what kind of impact it’s going to have on our local area as we live right along the train line that will be transporting folks to and from center city. So we’re hanging local and honoring His Eminence with a little block party – Pope-a-Palooza!
I needed a quick idea for something to bring – and this popped (ha!) in my head…Pope-n’ Fresh Breadsticks. I think they’re fun and will be tasty served with some marinara sauce.
- 2 cans Pillsbury refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment or spray with non-stick spray.
- Pop open breadstick cans, unroll and separate breadsticks. Cut 1 third from the length of the breadstick.
- Twist the smaller section and press onto baking sheet. Twist and align the longer piece to form a cross and press where they crossover.
- Repeat with all other breadsticks.
- Beat together egg and milk to make egg wash.
- Brush breadsticks with egg wash and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!
Leave a Reply