Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Balls: Step-by-Step Photos
Thanks for spending some time in the cloud with me!! I hope you enjoy the recipe! Tina ( :
Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Balls Recipe (Gluten-Free)
Delicious and easy-to-make truffles/candy! They are gluten free and make great gifts!Print Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup butter (salted)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup caramel syrup (I used Hershey's)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups crushed Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups chocolate chips I used dark, but can use whatever you prefer.
- 1 tablespoon solid shortening or coconut oil (such as Crisco)
- flaked sea salt
- In large saucepan (I used 4 qt.) melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Remove pan from heat and add peanut butter.
- Mix with hand mixer (turbo beaters) until smooth.
- Add the caramel syrup and mix to combine.
- Add the powdered sugar and the crushed cereal.
- Mix to form dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Scoop a 1-tablespoon portion of dough into your hand and give it a gentle squeeze.
- Roll into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until all balls are formed.
- Chill the balls in the freezer for about 20 minutes or in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- While the balls are chilling, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and shortening in the microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. (You can alternatively use a double boiler to melt chocolate.)
- Dip each ball, swirling to coat and remove with a spoon, fork or chocolate dipping tool.
- Tap to allow excess to drip off. Place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with a few flakes of sea salt and continue until all balls are coated. Set in a cool place until chocolate is set & ENJOY!
Storage: Arrange in an airtight container and keep in a cool place or store in the refrigerator. They also freeze well. (Note: Condensation may form on the balls after being chilled/frozen, this could cause the salt to weep/melt a bit. So you may consider leaving the salt off if you're going to refrigerate or freeze. Would be cute with holiday sprinkles!
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!