Layers of peanut butter cheesecake filling and fluffy chocolate pudding with Nutter Butter & Oreo Cookie Crumbs! Assembled as individual servings and decorated for Halloween!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dirt Dessert Cups
Chocolate Pudding Mixture:
- 1 small (3.4 oz) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk cold
Whipped Cream Mixture:
- 1 cup heavy "whipping" cream cold
- 1 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Peanut Butter Mixture:
- 1 8-ounce brick cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Cookie Crumbs: (I crush mine in a chopper or food processor)
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs such as Oreo
- 1 cup peanut butter sandwich cookie crumbs such as Nutter Butter
- Nutter Butter type cookies Gravestones
- gummy worms
- candy corn and pumpkins
- black decorating icing
- I use my hand mixer for mixing all three mixtures. I use the whisk for the pudding and the whipped cream (just rinse it off in between) and the turbo beaters for the peanut butter mixture. I assembled mine in 8-ounce half-pint mason jars, but you could layer in a glass or a clear disposable plastic cup.
- In one bowl whisk together the chocolate pudding mix and the milk until thickened.
- In another bowl whip the heavy cream with the 1 tablespoon vanilla pudding mix until it's slightly thickened. Add the 1/4 cup powdered sugar and whip until thickened it forms stiff peaks.
- In a third bowl mix the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup powdered sugar.
- Fold half of the whipped cream mixture into each - the pudding mixture and the peanut butter mixture. (I fold this by hand with a spatula.)
- Add a layer of the peanut butter mixture to your jars or glasses. Add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter cookie crumbs. Add a layer of chocolate pudding mixture and top with chocolate cookie crumbs.
- Decorate with candy corn, gummy worms and cookie gravestones!
- To make a day ahead, layer the peanut butter mixture, peanut butter cookie crumbs and chocolate pudding mixture, then cover and refrigerate. Add the chocolate cookie crumbs and decorations before serving.