Love to make this flavorful minced chicken salad in my Food Processor! You can totally customize the ingredients and texture to your liking. It’s easy to scoop on a salad or in a lettuce wrap – stays put nicely in sandwiches as well. But, my favorite way to enjoy this Easy Chicken Salad is probably scooping it with some yummy crackers for a quick protein packed bite! Delicious!
Another Chicken Salad Recipe:
Here’s a smaller batch chicken salad recipe with Italian pickled vegetables – YUMMY!
Italian Style Chicken Salad
I use a chopper or food processor to chop this chicken salad up lickety-split! The tastiness comes from a few flavorful friends in the pantry: pitted kalamata olives (but any olive would work) and giardiniera; an Italian style mix of pickled vegetables.Check out this recipe
Easy Classic Chicken Salad
Love to make this flavorful minced chicken salad in my Food Processor! You can totally customize the ingredients and texture to your liking. It's easy to scoop on a salad or in a lettuce wrap – stays put nicely in sandwiches as well. But, my favorite way to enjoy this Easy Chicken Salad is probably scooping it with some yummy crackers for a quick protein packed bite! Delicious!Print Pin Rate
- 1 Food Processor with Chopping Blade I use my 9-Cup processor, if using smaller, you may need to chop the chicken in batches.
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 small red onion, trimmed and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 pound cooked chicken, torn into 1 1/2 inch shreds about 4 cups
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon, I like it lemony
- 1-2 teaspoons honey your preference/optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (1/2 t. table salt) plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives* snipped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill* couple sprigs
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley* several sprigs
- Chop the carrot, celery and onion in food processor to as fine a texture as you like. (will chop a little further with the chicken)
- Add the chicken and chop to as fine a texture as you like.
- NOTE: I usually pour the veggie and chicken mixture into a bowl at this point and make the dressing in the food processor (no need to clean it at this point). You could alternatively make the dressing ahead and mix it right in the food processor after chopping the chicken.
- DRESSING: Add all the dressing ingredients to the (empty) food processor and puree. Stir together as much of the dressing as you like with the chopped/minced veggies and chicken mixture.
- substitute with your favorite herbs (basil, tarragon…)
- substitute for about 1/3 the amount of dried herbs
- skip the herbs altogether, will still be tasty! (I do this a lot in colder months when I don’t grow herbs on the deck.)
Nutrition (approx. data estimated via online nutritional calculator.)
Calories: 244kcal (12%) | Carbohydrates: 4g (1%) | Protein: 17g (34%) | Fat: 18g (28%) | Saturated Fat: 4g (25%) | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.04g | Cholesterol: 62mg (21%) | Sodium: 611mg (27%) | Potassium: 371mg (11%) | Fiber: 1g (4%) | Sugar: 2g (2%) | Vitamin A: 2019IU (40%) | Vitamin C: 6mg (7%) | Calcium: 27mg (3%) | Iron: 1mg (6%)
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud – Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!
Leave a Reply