Moist lemon cake made with Greek yogurt and fresh lemon zest. It’s topped with a simple powdered sugar lemony icing. Super simple to mix together and tastes better than the Lemon Loaf at Starbucks! Homemade with love is always the best!
Iced Lemon Loaf Cake
- 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (212g) sugar
- 1 cup (238g) whole milk plain Greek yogurt*
- 2/3 cup (132g) oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced (1 T zest. 2T juice) divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (191g) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from above)
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
Lemon Loaf Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 5-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour (alternatively grease and flour).
- Use electric mixer to mix together eggs and sugar for a minute or until light yellow.
- Mix in yogurt and oil.
- Mix in lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, lemon & vanilla extracts.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix flour mixture into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle top comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto baking rack to finish cooling.
- I usually use my electic mixer or chopper to make a nice smooth icing. You can alternatively whisk together by hand.
- Mix together powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon remaining lemon juice and 1 tablespoon milk. Mix until smooth. Add additional 1/2 – 1 tablespoon milk if you want it thinner.
- I like this icing to be a very thick glaze so it mostly lays atop the loaf.