My new favorite snack!
Thick and chewy protein cookies that taste way better than store-bought protein cookies and bars! These are gluten-free (based on the specific ingredients I used – see notes.)
They are great to have on hand when you want to grab a quick higher-protein snack. I love the chewy satisfying texture. They keep great for a week in an air-tight container. You can freeze as well.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter*
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup vanilla plant-based protein powder*
- 1 cup almond flour*
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- I use my KitchenAid Stand mixer to mix these up with the flex edge or flat beater, but you can mix them with hand mixer or by hand too.
- Mix together eggs, peanut butter and honey until smooth and well combined.
- In a separate bowl – whisk together protein powder, almond flour, oats, salt and baking powder. Mix into wet ingredients until just combined.*
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into about 2 tablespoon balls – I use my 1-ounce cookie scoop. Place on prepared baking sheets. use a fork to press-down and leave criss-cross marks on each ball of dough. (They will puff up just a little bit during baking.)
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for about 10 minutes for chewy texture. (mine were not browned at all) Let cool completely on baking sheet. Once cool remove to air tight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.