The classic Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip baked up all warm and cheesy! Get ready to dig in with crostini, veggies or tortilla chips! You can also spoon the dip into these delicious 2-bite appetizer Spinach and Artichoke Dip Puff Pastry Bites! They’re a crowd-pleasing appetizer that freezes very well – great to make ahead!
Also, check out my recipe for Mini Spinach and Artichoke Empanadas! Golden Brown flaky pie crust wrapped around creamy spinach and artichoke dip – in a 2-bite appetizer size!
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip & Appetizer Puff Pastry Bites
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed very dry
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts well drained and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened, I used Philadelphia brand
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese plus additional for topping
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese plus additional for topping
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco add to your liking
- 1/2 teaspoon minced/pressed garlic
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese for garnish before baking
Additional Ingredients for Puff Pastry Bites:
- 1 package frozen puff pastry 2 sheets, thawed according to package directions
- Flour for dusting work surface and rolling pin
For Dip Version:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix together first 13 (dip) ingredients.
- Grease shallow baking dish (9" pie plate/tart size works well)
- Spread mixture in prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan and/or mozzarella cheese if desired
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly around edges.
- Serve with crostini, pita chips, tortilla chips or veggies.
For Puff Pastry Bites Version:
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together 13 dip ingredients.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the work surface.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface.
- Roll the pastry sheet into a 10 x 15-inch rectangle.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 24 (2 1/2-inch) squares. (a pizza wheel works well for this)
- Press the pastry squares into 24 (1 3/4-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.
- Spoon the spinach artichoke filling into the cups and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then remove.
- Repeat process with 2nd sheet of puff pastry dough.