This is my favorite green smoothie! I like to make it at least twice a week. It’s a great way to get lots of greens, fruits and fiber into your diet. I often pour it into a to-go cup and take it on the run. I use lacinato kale which is also known as dinosaur/dino kale, Tuscan kale and black kale.
Tropical Green Smoothie
- 1 cup water or coconut water or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds optional
- 1 slice candied ginger
- 1/2 peeled orange
- 1 banana peeled
- 2 cups lacinato kale (stem removed, torn into smaller pieces) aka: Tuscan kale, Dino kale, black kale.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- Place ingredients in blender in order above (water on bottom, frozen fruit on top.)
- Blend until smooth.