This is a fun and easy frozen treat to make!
It only uses a few ingredients and you don’t need an ice cream freezer. It tastes very creamy and rich. I added some cinnamon because I’m going to use it to top individual mini-skillet oatmeal cookies. Would also be great to “a la mode” a nice slice of apple, peach, pumpkin – pretty much any pie!
You can adjust the flavorings as you like, make it plain vanilla or add in all sorts of mix-ins. I added crumbled speculoos (Biscoff) cookies to the cinnamon version one time – delicious!
You’ll need a whisk to whip the heavy cream. You can whip by hand or use a hand or stand mixer with a whisk accessory. I add the sweetened condensed milk little by little so as not to deflate the whipped cream.
When it’s ready to freeze, spoon in into a plastic wrap lined loaf pan. It’s best freeze overnight.
No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream Cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Line a 9-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Using mixer with whisk, whip heavy cream until it just starts to thicken. Add vanilla and drizzle in one fourth of the sweetened condensed milk. Whip a little longer and drizzle in another fourth of the sweetened condensed milk. Continue whipping and drizzling in sweetened condensed milk until the mixture thickens, increases in volume and forms soft peaks.
- Gently spoon mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 6-8 hours.