Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Melted Ice Cream…in a cake!!
This cake starts with a super-simple 3-ingredient melted ice cream cake base, then a layer of peanut butter filling gets baked in – and finally it’s drizzled with dual chocolate and peanut butter glazes! Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Heaven!
Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Bundt Cake
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- non-stick baking spray
- 1 box chocolate cake mix 15.25 ounces these days
- 2 cups melted chocolate ice cream
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 10-15 cup Bundt pan with non-stick baking spray (the kind with the flour.)
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, melted ice cream, eggs and mini-chocolate chips.
- Pour two-thirds the cake batter into the pan. Dollop the peanut butter filling over the cake batter and gently spread out. Pour the rest of the cake mix over the peanut butter filling and gently spread to even out. (It’s okay if some of the peanut butter filling is showing as it will sink a bit)
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan and the top springs back when carefully touched. You can test with a toothpick, but try to only pierce the top cake layer, not the gooey peanut butter filling.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Then invert onto your cake platter and allow to cool the rest of the way.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Glazes:
- Place 2/3 cup chocolate chips in heatproof bowl. Place 2/3 cup peanut butter chips in another heatproof bowl. Heat 2/3 cup heavy cream to simmer in saucepan.
- Measure and pour 1/3 cup hot cream into each of the bowls with the chips. Stir each until smooth.
- Allow glazes to cool a bit, they will thicken. Pour glazes over cake.