I’ve been making various versions of skillet s’mores for a while now! Usually semi-sweet chocolate chips and regular marshmallows – it makes for a super quick and fun dessert that everyone can dig into with graham crackers! You can make all different kinds of versions with peanut butter, cookie butter, caramel…the options are endless!
…but I was thinking for Spring it would be fun to use colorful marshmallows! Why not Peeps! Turns out there are lots of toasted Peep S’more ideas out there! Who knew?! I had to try it myself 😊
I decided to use a mix of semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, but you can use any combo you like! I arranged the peeps in rainbow order and tried not to make eye contact with them…lol!
Instead of broiling, as I usually do with my skillet s’mores, I baked them at 375 degrees F. for about 5-6 minutes. I think broiling would caramelize the Peeps sugar coating too quickly and the chips wouldn’t have time to melt underneath. Make sure to watch them carefully as it doesn’t take long for them to go from perfectly browned to smoking.
Rainbow Peep Skillet S'mores
- 3 cups chocolate chips any combination of chips you like
- 28 Peep marshmallow candies I bought 4 packs of 10
- graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place empty 10" cast iron skillet (or similar oven proof skillet or dish) in oven to warm up for about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups chocolate chips to the warmed pan. This will give the chocolate chips a head start on melting as the Peeps only need a few minutes to toast.
- Arrange the Peeps over the chocolate chips and bake for 5-6 minutes or until the Peeps are puffy and toasty brown on the top. Watch them closely as this happens quickly.
- Dig in and enjoy right away! If they cool off, you can reheat them in the oven for a few minutes.