How did the Witches lose their fingers?
Well, let’s just say they won’t feel the urge to text from my dinner table any time soon….Mu-ah-ha-ha-ha!
Need a fun treat for your tricksters? These crispy rice cereal treats were so much fun to make! Plus, any day I get to dig my hands into green sticky goo is a good day in my book! They’re super easy to make and you just need 5 ingredients and 1 bowl!
Crispy Witches’ Fingers Step-by-Step Tutorial:
Pin-Me Please & Thank you ⬇
Thanks for spending some time in the cloud with me! I hope you enjoy the fingers ( : Tina
Crispy Witches' Fingers Recipe and Tutorial
- non-stick spray
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 (10-ounce) bag marshmallows (+16 additional marshmallows, regular size)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- green food coloring (I used the gel/paste kind)
- candy corn
- spider rings (if desired)
- Combine butter and marshmallows in large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30-second intervals until they puff up and are very soft. (Took me 1 min. and 15 sec.)
- Spray a spatula with non-stick spray and stir until the marshmallows and butter make a smooth gooey mixture.
- Stir in food coloring until you reach your desired shade of green.
- Stir in cereal and mix until evenly coated.
- Lay out a silicone baking mat or large tray/board sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Spray a ¼ cup measuring cup and your hands with non-stick spray.
- Scoop out a ¼ cup cereal mixture.
- Squeeze the mixture in your hands to compact it.
- Roll into a cylindrical shape (like a hot dog.)
- Press a candy corn “fingernail” onto the finger and place on a wax or parchment lined tray to firm up*
*The candy corn will seem loose when they’re first pressed on, but will firm up as will the crispy mixture.
-The mixture is easier to work with as it firms up a little. You can always go back and reshape the fingers as they firm up.
-You can make these a couple days in advance and store in an airtight container.