Your kitty will purr for these kitty crackers with tasty cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of catnip! Treat your sweet fur baby today!
If you don’t feed your cat cheese, you could swap out with finely shredded carrots or try one of these other cat treat recipes:
Other Cat Treat Recipes:
- Pumpkin and Salmon Kitty Bits (Cat Treats)
- Tuna & Cheddar Whisker Biscuits; Homemade Cat Treats
- Purr-fect Kitty Salmon Treats
Meow-ums Kitty Crackers
- 2 tablespoons oil (I have used coconut or olive oil)
- 1 cup flour (Use whatever flour your cat can have - I used oat) plus additional flour for rolling dough
- 2 tablespoons brewer's yeast optional
- 1 tablespoon dried catnip optional
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or finely shredded carrot
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl add oil; mix in flour and brewer’s yeast until mixture looks sandy.
- Stir in catnip and cheddar cheese (or carrots).
- Mix in egg and add water a tablespoon at a time until the mixture forms dough.
- Sprinkle flat surface with a little additional flour and roll dough to ¼ inch thickness. (If dough is too soft to work with - wrap and refrigerate for an hour.)
- Use pizza wheel to cut dough into 1-inch squares.
- Arrange squares on prepared baking sheet and prick with a fork.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Cool on baking sheet.
- Store in airtight container for a week or freeze for longer storage.