Heavenly Smooth & Creamy!
This is one of my favorite frostings. It’s easy to whip together and delicious with almost any cake and cinnamon rolls too!
I always use this Cream Cheese frosting on my Carrot Cake! Our Favorite Carrot cake recipe here!
Cream Cheese Frosting
This is one of my favorite frostings. It’s easy to whip together and delicious with almost any cake and cinnamon rolls too!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 3 cups (approx.) enough to frost 24 cupcakes or 8-9" 2-layer cake
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar plus more if needed
- 2 teaspoons milk plus more if needed
- Using hand mixer (turbo beaters) or stand mixer (flex edge or flat beater), beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, 1 teaspoon milk and gradually add sugar.
- Add additional 1 teaspoon milk if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
Can be refrigerated or frozen. When ready to use, thaw and use mixer to beat until fluffy. For Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting - Add 1/2 cup cocoa powder along with the powdered sugar.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!
How will this frosting hold up for a wedding if it is hot in the venue?
Hi Diane – oh gosh – that would make me nervous. I’m not 100% sure. I think it would be safer to go with a safer frosting, unless there’s somewhere cooler to keep the cake. I saw this post – I’ve never tried it, but maybe reach out to the author??