We love pasta salad at our house…
and this one if definitely a favorite! It has a nice light dressing and it’s filled with lots of fresh veggies. It’s the perfect side to your BBQ or picnic favorites. It’s also delicious with some grilled chicken tossed in – dinner done!
Spinach, Parmesan and Orzo Salad:
Cut Spinach into Thin Strips or Chiffonade: Tear off stems and stack leaves, (Maybe 8 large leaves at a time.)
Roll into “cigar” shape.
PERFECT FOR PINNING: ⬇
Thank you for spending some time in the cloud with me!
I hope you enjoy the recipe! Tina ( :
Spinach, Parmesan and Orzo Salad
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach cut into thin strips
- 1 (8-ounce) tub pearlini fresh mozzarella see note
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 1/3 cup oil (I use olive or safflower)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon shallot (or red onion) finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat 6 quarts of salted (approx. 3 tablespoons kosher salt) water to boiling.
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse* with cold water, drain again.
- In large bowl, add orzo, spinach, mozzarella, tomatoes and Parmesan.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, shallot, salt and pepper in small bowl and toss with orzo mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be made a day ahead.