Milk Chocolate Mousse: Food Processor (no egg)
Super quick and easy milk chocolate mousse from your food processor! (no egg mousse)Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 to 6 servings, depending on dish size. 20 total ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (safflower canola…)
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/16 teaspoon salt pinch, I used kosher salt
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- In small liquid measuring cup stir together instant espresso powder and water until dissolved, add oil and vanilla.
- Set-up the metal Multi-Purpose (chopping) blade in food processor. Add the chocolate chips and process on high until chopped up finely.
- In microwavable liquid measuring cup combine milk, sugar and salt. (I use a 2-cup measure as milk tends to bubble up) Microwave for 30-second increments, stirring in-between until hot and steamy and the sugar is dissolved. (45 seconds – 1 minute)
- With processor running on low, add hot milk mixture in a slow steady stream. This will melt the chocolate. Next, with food processor running on low, add the espresso mixture in a slow steady stream. Pour this mixture out into a large bowl and allow to cool (about 10 minutes.)
- Using the same food processor bowl and blade (no need to clean off any chocolate residue) Add the cold heavy cream and process on high or hold down the pulse button for the highest speed and whip until thickened. Watch through the top of the processor and stop as soon as you see it thicken. (Don’t over-process or it will turn to butter. Still tasty though!)
- When chocolate mixture is cool, fold in half of the whipped cream. This will lighten up the chocolate mixture. Then, fold in the rest of the whipped cream, just until all combined. If a few lumps remain, stir very gently with a whisk.
- Spoon the mixture into 4-6 dishes and refrigerate until chilled. Can make up to 2-days in advance.
I used KitchenAid 7-Cup EZ Store Food Processor. To Decorate as “Dirt Desserts” for Halloween: I used:
- Oreo Cookies – processed to crumbs in food processor
- Candy pumpkins and/or candy corn
- Milano cookies Black decorating frosting
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!