“Oh my gosh, they’re so good!”
Our local pizzeria, Bravissimo, makes these amazing pepperoni bites. Slices of savory pepperoni all wrapped up in yummy pizza dough, then baked until nice and puffy. When they come out of the oven, they’re slathered with basil pesto oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
This recipe came about thanks to David Venable, host of the very popular, In The Kitchen with David show on QVC! I was on the show demonstrating how to make pizza dough with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer when David asked me to come up with a recipe for the Pepperoni rolls his pizza parlor makes.
I’m not sure what pizza parlor he frequents, but I know Bravissimo makes some mighty fine Pepperoni Bites. On one of my Friday night visits, I asked and they kindly explained how to go about making them!
So here you go David! My version of Bravissimo’s Pizzeria Style Pepperoni Bites!
How to Form Pepperoni Bites:
Roll pizza dough into 14″ x 8″ – rectangular-ish shape. Then cut in half horizontally and into 16 strips.
Lay about 4 pepperoni along each strip, roll up and pinch shut. Place them pinched side down on baking sheet.
Need a Pizza Dough Recipe?
Here are links to my pizza dough recipes. You can also use store bought dough or buy some from your local pizzeria.
Easy Homemade Pizza Dough (Makes 1, 12-inch pizza) This will make one batch of Pepperoni Bites
Or you can make a double batch with this recipe:
Stand Mixer Pizza Dough (Makes 2, 12-inch pizzas)
Pin This Picture on Pinterest: ⬇️
Pizzeria Style Pepperoni Bites
- 1 pound pizza dough enough to make 1, 12-inch pizza
- flour for rolling dough
- 8 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to make a rectangular shape about 14" wide and about 8" tall.
- Cut the rectangle in half lengthwise, then cut each piece into 8, 2-inch long strips.
- Lay 3-4 pepperoni slices on each strip, roll up and pinch shut. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile stir together the pesto and oil.
- When the bites come out of the oven, brush them all over with the pesto oil and sprinkle them with the Parmesan cheese. Enjoy them warm!
Perfect appetizer! This is the recipe to have ingredients on hand when you unexpectedly need a great appetizer. So quick and easy to make. Everyone thought these were amazing. This is a keeper of a recipe. They make a great presentation too. C
Thanks so much Carolyn! Glad you enjoyed! ( :