Other Cat Treat Recipes:
- Carrot and Catnip Kitty Cat Treats
- Pumpkin and Salmon Kitty Bits (Cat Treats)
- Tuna & Cheddar Whisker Biscuits; Homemade Cat Treats
- Purr-fect Kitty Salmon Treats
- Meow-ums Kitty Crackers
Tuna & Cheddar Whisker Biscuits - Homemade Cat Treats
Homemade treats you can make for your kitty cat! You can form them into whatever size treat your cat prefers.Print Pin Rate
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna packed in water drained
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese can swap with finely grated carrot if your cat can't have dairy.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups oat flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 tablespoon dried catnip (optional)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup cold water
- You can make your own oat flour in a food processor: 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats makes about 1 1/3 cups oat flour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In food processor mince tuna and cheddar until it's a fine texture. Add egg, oat flour, catnip and pulse together.
- While running on low drizzle in cold water slowly until the dough pulls together into a ball. You may not need all the water.
- Divide dough ball into 4 smaller balls, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle a little extra flour on a work surface. Roll each ball into a long “snake”. Use a knife to cut “snake” into small pieces. Roll each piece into a ball (about the size of chick-pea). Flatten gently with a fork.
- Continue until you have used all the dough.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, depending on texture you would like; softer or harder.
- Let cool completely. Store in refrigerator for a week or freeze for longer.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!