One of our favorite soups!
Easy to make on weeknights! Easy to customize if you don’t like beans or spinach, just leave them out. I love to serve for dinner with a salad and some bread for dunking. Would serve 6 people with smaller servings, but we usually have a large bowl for dinner (serves 4 that way).
Simple to Make!
Some other Soup Recipes:
Italian Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce can) petite diced tomatoes (fire roasted are nice!) with juices
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup navy or cannellini beans OPTIONAL drained and rinsed
- 2 cups dried or frozen tortellini I use dried Barilla in blue bag
- 1 cup baby spinach stems removed, chopped if large leaves
- grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Heat oil in pot (4 quart or larger) over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrot, celery to pot and cook, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning salt and pepper and cook stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken, tomatoes and broth. (Beans too if using.)
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tortellini and cook for about 10 more minutes (or just until the tortellini are tender.)
- Stir in the spinach, taste and see if needs more salt. Serve!
- Serve with Parmesan cheese for topping.