Whiskers will be twitching for these easy-to-make cat treats! meow!
All you need are 4 simple ingredients: Pumpkin, salmon, egg, oat flour.
This pouch of boneless, skinless salmon was super handy! I minced it up a little finer with my chopper.
You can buy oat flour or make it yourself! Just grind “Old Fashioned” rolled oats in your blender, chopper or food processor.
Mix to form a nice dough. Sprinkle with a little extra oat flour and pat it out about 1/4″ thick.
Dock all over with a fork – will help release moisture while baking.
Bake for 15 minutes, then take out of the oven and cut into “bits” – mine were about 1 centimeter square. A pizza or pastry wheel tackles this task easily!
Spread the bits back out on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. Let them cool completely, store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for longer.
More Pet Treat Recipes Here!
Pumpkin and Salmon Kitty Bits (Cat Treats)
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour (see notes to make your own) divided
- 5 ounces boneless skinless salmon (can or pouch) drained
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break the salmon up with a fork or in a chopper or blender.
- Combine 1 cup oat flour, salmon, egg and pumpkin puree in bowl. Use spoon or electric mixer to combine into a dough.
- Place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, sprinkle with some additional oat flour and pat down to about 1/4 inch thick. Dock (prick) all over with a fork. (will help release moisture while baking.)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use pizza or pastry cutter to cut into small "bits" - mine were about 1 cm x 1 cm.
- Spread the bits out and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes or until firm. Let cool completely. Transfer to air-tight container and store in refrigerator for 1-week or freeze for longer.