Sink your teeth into these cookies!
A new cookie for your holiday table! Classic gingerbread dough scented with a touch of orange zest; then studded with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. They bake up thick and chewy!
Thick and chewy!
Makes 3 – 3 1/2 dozen.
Ball – Flatten – Sugar – Toppings!
I always add a few extra chips and cranberries to the tops of the cookies – really shows off all the goodies tucked inside!
Warm out of the oven, they smell amazing!
Enjoy the recipe!
White Chocolate Cranberry Gingerbread Cookies - Thick & Chewy
A new cookie for your holiday table! Classic gingerbread dough scented with a touch of orange zest; then studded with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. They bake up thick and chewy!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 3 dozen cookies
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter (salted) room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 cup white chocolate chips plus extra for topping
- 1 cup dried cranberries plus extra for topping
- granulated sugar optional, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment or grease.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger. cinnamon and cloves.
- Using electric mixer (I used my stand mixer fitted with flex edge beater.) Cream together butter and sugar for several minutes or until lightened in color and fluffy.
- Mix in molasses, then egg, vanilla and orange zest. (batter will look separated)
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients. Then stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Scoop 2-tablespoon portions, roll into ball and flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Flatten to about 1/4-inch thickness, the chocolate chips will stop you from flattening too much.
- Place on prepared baking sheet 2" apart. Top with additional white chocolate chips and cranberries, if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and center is puffy. Let cool on baking sheet for a couple minutes then remove to cooling rack.
Even Baking Tips:
- Use a cookie scoop for even portioning of dough.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time on the lower-middle oven rack.
- If using dark colored baking sheets, reduce heat by 25 degrees.
- Make sure baking sheet is cool before adding next batch of cookies.
Make Ahead:You can make these a month or so in advance. When completely cool, arrange in air-tight container in single layers separated by waxed paper, then freeze.
Tried this recipe?Share it! Tag @epicuricloud - Please Leave A Comment & Rating Below! TY!
Leave a Reply